Sunday, February 28, 2010

March Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the March Stamp of the Month Blog Hop. If you've arrived from Sheila Bennett's blog, you're in the right place! This month's stamp is A Little Everything and it sure is. What a great stamp set, it would be so perfect if you were to make a card organizer or just for creating a bunch of cards for the year. This will definitely be one of your most used stamp sets. For this card I thought I'd do a version with distressing and one without so you could see the difference. It's a very easy card that will only take you about 10 minutes to make. You need Moonstruck, Topiary, Sweet Leaf and Sunny Yellow cardstock along with White Daisy textured cardstock. Cut your white cardstock 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" and the strips of colored cardstock 3/4" by 5 1/2".


Glue the strips about a 1/4" apart from the sides and each other. It's hard to get them exact but perfection is highly overrated.

The pictures I took for this didn't all turn out so I will be condensing instructions. Take the big "Thanks" stamp and stamp it on a piece of white paper with Moonstruck ink. Cut around the word so that there is an even amount of white space around each side. Eyeball it!

Stamp "for all you do" in Moonstruck ink on the lower right strip of cardstock. Find some Moonstruck colored sheer ribbon and ricrac and attach both down to the left hand side of the card about 1/2" in from the left. Easy, right? Here's the undistressed version.

On the top is undistressed, bottom is distressed. You decide which type suits you and I'd love to hear your opinion! Now, you should be off to see the wonderful blog from Susan Brooks!

Click here if you get lost. Blog Hop List

16 comments:

  1. So nice Barbra! Love this stamp set and what you've done with it. Great use of the organdy ribbon & ric-rac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection is highly overrated - tee hee! Cute, Barbra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color combo, and I really like the "clean cut" lines of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a really cool card love the colors! Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute I like the distressed one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great post! Your blog is so great! Glad I got to see you this past weekend but sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you :( I love the comparison for the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I think I like the distressed one best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card - neat color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara,
    I love your card and tutorial. Also really enjoyed your profile - we have a few things in common... I grew up in Michigan, taught school, am a SAHM to 3 children, and I LOVE being a CTMH consultant. How fun!

    ReplyDelete