Sunday, April 4, 2010

Would you believe?

These four cards all come from the same basic pattern even though they all seem very different. The card is 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 for the card front, dry embossed either with a trimmer and embossing tool or with my Cuttlebug. Next there is a 2 inch strip of pattern paper and a 1 1/2 inch strip of matching cardstock, see it on each card? The image from whatever stamp set you like is then stamped on either a 2 by 2 square or a 1 1/2 inch circle and then either framed with a mat just a bit larger or not framed at all. Then they are placed as you like it, see the "off the mat" look on the graduation card? That particular card also was changed to a horizontal view too. Brads or ribbons complete the look. My purpose in showing you this is because I have so many customers tell me that they can't come up with ideas on their own. I have trouble with it myself so I just keep making several of the same cards over and over again, a different paper, a new angle, different embossing, etc., all make for a new look and noone can tell but you!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing all those different looks from the same pattern. Sometimes I'm so fixated on finding the "new" that I forget how many new looks I can get with just one pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Same design, but slightly tweaked...takes some of the difficulty in thinking up all new layouts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete