Monday, September 12, 2011

Memory Box Directions - How to Decorate

Don't forget that you can win one of these boxes by placing an order on my website before Wednesday at midnight. All person placing order will go into a drawing for a box (I'm leaving the bucket list cards empty for your own bucket list).

I'm not a big fan of stickers on my scrapbook pages. I don't even use them on my cards but I sure do find them super convenient and perfect for my paper crafting! I took the Roxie Stickease and decorated both the outside of the box and the inside with them. Remember I'm making two boxes so you're going to see two different looks here. I love the vine on the stickease and it fit perfectly on the top of both boxes as a background for my 3-d flowers.


The rhinestone designer brads are perfect to make a little "clasp" on the front of each box.

Since it's a brad I was able to punch a hole in the lower center of the front and attach it. The boxes close magnetically so no velcro or anything else is necessary.

There are adorable little corner decorations on the stickease that were very nice for this box, just two attached down at the bottom.

Here's the second box with the vine on top.

Now, using your Art Philosophy cartridge for your cricut, cut the 3 -d flowers in sizes 3 and 4 inches. Distress the edges then roll towards the color you want to show. Once you have it fluffed up a bit, use either a glue dot or liquid glass to attach to the base of the flower. Let dry then attach a rhinestone if you like and use a glue dot to attach to top of box.

I added self-adhesive sparkles to the vine to bling it up even more.

On the side I wanted to fill up some space on this particular box. I used a strip of plaid paper cut one inch shorter than the base background paper.

Add stickers from the set as you like.

Here's the paper added to the second box. I also added some sparkles instead of stickease to this one.
On the back I added buttons with waxy flax tied to them. I love this look.

Here are the completed boxes. I can't wait to make another one. Next up will probably be a Christmas countdown box!!! Stay tuned.


1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely darling. I love these new memory boxes. I have a few in my stash, really need to decorate a few. Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete