Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Layouts!

Over this past weekend I attended a great crop in Shipshewana, Indiana that my friend, Linda Hicks, threw for us. We had a wonderful time in an excellent hotel and it was so fun to step into the Amish community too. I made 28 cards and these layouts. The cards I'll show tomorrow but here are some pages I did with pictures from our recent trip to Los Angeles this past July. None of them are using Close to my Heart paper as I'm trying to really use up my stock of other papers so I can really concentrate on just using my (very large) stock of Close to my Heart supplies.

My kids loved Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro, a place where my husband went frequently when he was young. The boys are "inside" an aquarium which is why the pictures look obscured.

Before checking out the aquarium there, we had a picnic outside. My mother in law brought all the food. They were so happy to visit with their grandchildren whom they hadn't seen in a couple of years.

My husband is big on beach time and we spent one morning there but it didn't go well, there were black flies everywhere and my son had to sort of be rescued by a lifeguard.

At the Cabrillo Beach aquarium they had costumes depicting sea creatures and my boys loved trying them on with their cousins.

My favorite singer, Daryl Hall, recommended Irv's Burgers in L.A. on his show, Live from Daryl's House and so I had to check it out. It was wonderful, the lady who owned the outside diner was more than happy to tell me about Hall and Oates visiting there often. She actually writes little notes on the paper plates your hamburger and fries come on for each customer and they are all personalized! Hope you enjoy a sneak peek into some of my pages.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Barbara. You layouts are as awesome as your cards. BTW, Sue showed me today a card she made using your technique from the party

    ReplyDelete