Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Post it Jacket

For the CTMH party I had last week I gave away a bunch of little gifts in the goodie bag I showed you a couple of days ago, one bag of the decorated Hershey's nuggets, a Top Coat, a handmade card, a check book cover (show you that soon) and these cute post it notes. For these you need post it notes, some inks, a stamp set, a block, distressing sponge, a trimmer, a dry embossing tool and adhesive. I used really small post it notes, just two inches by one and half inches. Now I warn you, if you are going to stamp a decoration on one of these tiny post it pads, it's not easy because they keep wanting to pull apart. If the pad kind of falls apart you can put it back together but make sure that all the sides are flush when you stick them back together. Or, you could take it easy on yourself and not stamp every page of the post it pad!

The stamp set Grown with Love is a good one for this task because it has so many small decorations. I chose the little heart for this post it pad. Lift up one post it at a time and stamp on the lower right corner. I used Tulip ink.

For the decorative part on top you need to cut some pattern paper (I used paper from the Animal Cookies set) 2" by 1 1/2". Then cut some white paper 1 3/4" by 1 1/4". Distress the edges.

For the outside cover cut some tulip paper 2 1/8" wide and 4 1/2" long. Put it in your trimmer and score it at the 1 1/2", 3/8", and 1 5/8" mark. I know that's hard on some trimmers but just keep the 3/8" score at just shy of 1/2" and the 1 5/8" just a bit over 1 1/2". Clear as mud I know, sorry. Distress and fold and do the best you can!!

Now the 1 1/2" piece is the top and that doesn't get glued down. Put a good strong glue like Tombow along the short 3/8" score mark all the way down the rest of the whole piece. Lay your post its down on the back piece so that it's binding is up against the 3/8" section.

Fold the small bottom piece up and fold under the post its. Now put more glue right on top of the red folded piece to really attach the post it pad down tight. Press the rest of the glued parts up against the post its.

Turn your blue pattern paper over and glue some matching ribbon to the back in the center. Do this twice.

Glue one blue piece to the back and one to the front making sure the ribbons hang down the open side of the post its.

Stamp any little saying on the white paper, distress and glue it on the top of the post it holder. That's it then, tie the ribbon and give it away to someone and make their day.

Here's the finished products I did for my party, they were a big hit.

5 comments:

  1. I have to tell you this is one of my favorites. I am always looking for ideas for my office buddies!! Love it!!

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little post-it holders are adorable. Love the tiny size. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. I think they will have to be tried!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so I missed this one, but I am glad I can come back and look at them! I love this so much that I am going to try and make some for the craft bazaar I am going to with my downline! Thanks for the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete