Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How to decorate a Hershey nugget

I have been having such fun with the new Sophia paper. At first I thought it might be too busy for me until I started using it. That will teach me not to judge too soon. It's beautiful, it's springlike and just brightens up any artwork I make with it. I just taught a workshop this past weekend to make candy for Easter baskets look even prettier so here's an example. I wrapped a Hershey's nugget up in the beautiful Sophia paper and you can do this easily too!The great thing about Hershey's nuggets is that they are flat on the bottom. It makes them perfect for decorating.

In the past I've used mailing labels and random stamping to decorate the nugget but you don't even have to go that far. Find a pretty pattern paper, cut it 1 inch by 4 inches and it will wrap the same way. If you want the seam of the paper to end up on the bottom of the nugget you need to start wrapping at the side of the nugget and go down under the bottom first, up around the top and then around to the bottom again. Use Tombow adhesive and be generous. You may distress first if you want with some pretty hollyhock ink.

For the holder, cut a piece of hollyhock cardstock 5 inches by 1 inch. Score 2 inches in from each side, distress and fold at the score marks.

Using one of my new favorite stamps, Circle Together, you can stamp the flowers directly into a 1 1/4 inch white cardstock circle with hollyhock ink. Use a scallop punch in pear cardstock to frame it. You can distress all of these too.

Cut two 1 7/8 by 7/8 pattern paper strips and glue to the upper sides of the holder after distressing. Add the circle to the front of the holder, keep it down towards the bottom so you can put a brad in the top.

Use a glue dot under the wrapped nugget to keep it steady in the bottom of the holder.

Attach the brad through the top two parts to close and you're done. I have leaned my nugget holder up against a container of brads so you can see it straight on. The Easter Bunny could make a bunch of these to give to the kids in your family!! Now it's your turn, find all the supplies you need right on my website.

1 comment:

  1. Fun project & gift to make.
    Nancy from
    Card Crafts yahoo group

    ReplyDelete