Saturday, February 18, 2017

Take More Pictures (before it's too late)

I've had several friends recently lose their mothers. It's something I think about all the time because my parents are in their mid-70's. My dad has had some heart issues and my mother has beaten cancer. At 56 I'm very aware that the people I love will not live forever but it doesn't make it any easier to think about. When my mother was going through her cancer treatments I kept realizing that I didn't have a lot of pictures of her. I had tons of my kids, my friends, my scrapbooking buddies, but I didn't really have many of my mom (or dad) except from Christmas Day and possibly a few from Thanksgiving. I often imagine what would have happened if she hadn't made it through cancer and how I would regret not having more photos. Well she did make it and I learned my lesson. I now take more photos of not only my mom and dad but of all my relatives when we get together. I also take even more pictures of my kids and my friends. There aren't a lot of things you can control in life but taking pictures and scrapbooking them is one. Do not let the important and not so important moments of your life slip away because you forgot to pick up a camera. Don't let the memories escape because you didn't write them down. I promise you, you will regret not taking enough pictures but you will never regret taking too many. Get your supplies to preserve those memories here.

No comments:

Post a Comment