Thursday, November 5, 2009

Christmas Melodies

Don't you just love Christmas music? Not too early and not too long but right in the holiday season, it's so nice to have the radio on playing those tunes we've loved since we were children. Well, here's the stamp set for you. Christmas Melodies has 14 stamps that will remind you of those happy & meaningful songs. Again I've used Everlasting paper, can you tell I have been using one of the bulk card making patterns from Wishes? For this card you will also need a couple of flowers from the Gratitude stamp set too.

Cut your paper as follows:

8 1/2 by 5 1/2 colonial white card base, folded in half
5 1/2 by 4 1/4 card front cranberry cardstock
1 by 5 1/x floral pattern paper
1/2 by 5 1/2 striped pattern paper
1 3/4 by 1 3/4 colonial white cardstock
2 by 2 striped pattern paper
scrap colonial white cardstock for stamping

Distress all with desert sand ink if desired.

Despite owning a cuddlebug, I still like to do some of my own dry embossing with my trimmer and dry embossing tool, draw a line down the groove of the trimmer every half inch for this particular design.

Sand the paper with a sanding block.

Glue the floral strip 1/4 inch up from the bottom of the card front.

Just above the floral strip (about 1/8 up) attach the striped piece.

Glue down the striped square 1/2 inch from right hand side. I use the grooves of the dry embossing to help me line it up perfectly.

Stamp the "Let There Be Peace" song title on the colonial white square in cranberry ink and glue it to the striped square.

Add three green brads to the left top of the card. I put one on each of the first three dry embossed lines.

Using the Gratitude stamp set, stamp 2 poinsettias on your scrap paper and cut them out. Attach next to the Peace stamp overlapping slightly. The card is easy and pretty, you can do it quickly and spread a little Christmas cheer by just making it and sending it out. Have fun!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Barbra - can you show us the stamp when you talk about it so we can see what is all on the stamp set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can but they show it so much better on the link that I put with each one. Can you see where the link is in my paragraph, you just click on the name of the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I forgot to put the link on this one, it's there now though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I see it ! Thanks - I have to go back to the December Word Puzzle one now - I love the jingle saying

    ReplyDelete