Thursday, November 19, 2009

June Word Puzzle

This little candy tin is so fun and so easy to make. I bought a bunch of them just to hold Hershey Nuggets. The nuggets are so great because they are flat on the bottom and also mailing labels wrap around them perfectly. I'm not doing a full tutorial today because I have shown you how to do these before. Click on this link to see how to randomly stamp mailing labels and wrap them around the nuggets. Directions. For this particular tin of nuggets I used the June Word Puzzle stamp and Holiday Red, Sunflower, and Moonstruck inks. I used the three smallest flowers on the set as my random stampers.

Once I'd done the nuggets inside I cut a randomly stamped piece of white cardstock 1 3/4" by 11". I attached a 1" by 11" piece of Sunflower paper to the center. I then wrapped both of those around the tin (short side) and applied some Tombow to the ends of the paper so they were attached but could easily slip off the tin.

The top piece is 1 1/2" by 1 1/2" white cardstock, stamped with Tickled Pink flower stamp set (not available on my website but I have some). The flower was inked in Sunflower then the edge was rolled in Holiday Red. The center is Moonstruck ink. I then added the Thank You from the Say It In Style set (my most used set) in Moonstruck ink. I then glued it to a 1 3/4" by 1 3/4" Sunflower cardstock mat. I attached it to the wraparound piece with a Holiday Red brad and a little Tombow then slid it onto the tin. Now who wouldn't want to receive one of these?

2 comments:

  1. Love the flower and how you gave it different colors. Too Cool!
    http://www.cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete