Friday, November 27, 2009

Heartfelt Christmas

Has the Christmas spirit hit you yet? I'm not quite there but I will be pretty soon. I'm not a fan of winter or snow but I think my delay does have something to do with the fact that not a single snowflake has fallen yet.

One good thing about the upcoming bad weather is that it gives me an excuse to stay in and scrapbook or make cards because who wants to go out in that anyway, not me! The stamp set I'm showcasing today is called Heartfelt Christmas. Doesn't that just sound nice? This is one of my favorites of the Christmas sets we have this year and I just noticed it's on sale if you follow the link. Before I start this tutorial I wanted to remind you that Stampaganza ends on Monday. I have Black Friday specials going but you have to sign up for my newsletter to find out what they are (link to the right).

For this card you need Twitterpated paper cut like this:

8 1/2 by 5 1/2 card base, fold in half, attach card front to it once finished
5 1/2 by 4 1/4 sorbet cardstock
5 1/4 by 4 sorbet polka dot pattern paper
4 by 2 3/4 striped pattern paper
4 by 2 1/2 sorbet polka dot pattern paper
3 3/4 by 2 1/4 colonial white cardstock

Attach the large sorbet polka dot paper to the sorbet card front.

Glue down the striped paper one inch from the top of the card (held vertically).

Stamp the Christmas tree from the stamp set onto the colonial white cardstock in crystal blue, use a wiry brush to add sweet leaf specks all over and then glue to the polka dot mat.

Glue to card 1/4 inch from the left hand side and top of card. Use a glue pen on the garland on the Christmas tree and also the tree stand (or anywhere you want). Pour glitter on it and let dry for a few minutes. Stamp Merry Christmas from the Say It In Style stamp set with sweet leaf ink down at the bottom right of the card.

Dump the glitter off and attach to your card base. Isn't that pretty? Have fun at your Black Friday sales today!!


2 comments:

  1. Cute card! I really like how you glittered the garland and the pot/stand. What a nice way to 'finish' the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love all the glitter.

    ReplyDelete