Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action

People who've met me find out in a very short period of time that I've always been a fan of the movie industry. When I first headed out for college it was with the dream of being a publicist and moving directly to Los Angeles after I graduated. Well, I did move to L.A. although I ended up being a teacher instead of representing the movie stars I loved so much (I did have a small foray into the entertainment world, check out the About Me section to see how). Movies have always been important to me and I normally will see at least one a week at the theaters. This week I'm looking forward to New Moon and The Blind Side. For the past two years I've been saving every ticket stub in hopes of making a couple of layouts showing all the movies I see in a year. So, it's not too hard to see why I own the Lights, Camera, Action stamp set from Close to my Heart. I was just fooling around with the set yesterday and some Back Country paper and came up with what could either be an invitation or the title page of a 6 x 6 album showcasing your favorite movies.

For this card/page you will need to cut your paper like this:

6 x 12 card base, colonial white cardstock works well, fold in half
6 x 6 card front, outdoor denim cardstock
5 3/4 x 5 3/4 olive pattern paper
1 1/4 x 6 plaid pattern paper
1 3/4 x 4 1/2 outdoor denim cardstock
1 1/2 x 1 1/2 barn red cardstock
4 x 3 barn red cardstock
3 3/4 x 2 3/4 olive cardstock or pattern paper
3 1/2 x 2 1/2 barn red pattern paper

Distress, if desired, with outdoor denim ink.

Glue olive pattern paper to card front.

Attach blue plaid strip 1/2 inch from left hand side of card, flush with top and bottom edges.

Add largest piece of barn red cardstock about 1/4 inch from top and right hand sides of card.

Glue down olive cardstock or pattern paper, whichever you decided to use.

Using Giggle Lowercase stamps (or another alphabet set), stamp the words "movie night" on the barn red pattern paper in outdoor denim ink. Glue to the center of the olive paper.

Attach outdoor denim 1/4 inch up from bottom, flush with the left hand side.

Stamp two of the movie icons (of your choice) from the set in outdoor denim ink on the barn red cardstock squares.

Glue those two pieces on blue strip starting about 1/2 inch from left hand side.

Add three outdoor denim brads starting one inch down from top left of the card, an inch apart. Stamp the words, "That's a Wrap" below the "movie night" title. Attach to card base opening either to the bottom or to the right. And, like the stamp says, That's a Wrap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment