Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Cheer - Christmas Card a Day!

I recently bought every embossing powder that Close to my Heart owns, determined to teach myself how to "wet" emboss. Here's my first official try. Using the diecut cards that I love so much, I put this card together. I did choose an unusual color scheme for a Christmas card but I've seen store-bought cards in every color combination so I thought I'd go for it. This is Silhouette paper, one of the packs I miss the most! Cut a piece of bamboo cardstock 1 1/2" by 5 1/2" and distress with black ink. Using the Captured Memories stamp set (one of my favorites), stamp the long Christmas set using a Versamark ink pad. You won't be able to see where you stamped except when turning in the light but don't worry, it's not hard to use.

Now, use your craft tray and tweezers to hold the bamboo cardstock and dump black embossing powder over the ink. The ink is extra sticky and is made to hold this powder to the image.
Dump the embossing powder off and there is your image! One more step to go!
With your craft heater, slowly dry the embossing ink and watch it turn shiny! This is the fun part!
Now you can finish your card. Cut a piece of the Silhouette pattern paper 5 1/2" by 2" and glue to bottom of inside of the card.
Cut another piece of the Silhouette paper 1" by 5 1/2" and glue just above the curvy part of the card. Make sure it's straight!
Attach your stamp piece next.
Cut one more piece of the Silhouette pattern paper 1" by 5 1/2" and attach it just above the stamped piece.
Stamp "holiday cheer" just below the 1 inch strip onto the curve of the card. I love how tiny these letters are on this stamp set. The Captured Moments set has three "scenes" that are just too cool, make sure you check out the link above to really take a look at it. So, that's it, you're done! Tomorrow is my last card tutorial for this month. If you'd like to see my tag tutorials, sign up for my newsletter at the upper right of this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh!!! SOoOOOOO pretty! Great job at your first time heat embossing! I LOVE HEAT EMBOSSING!!! :D

    ReplyDelete