Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's Christmas in the Heart - Christmas Card a Day!

Reminder: I still have openings for the Shipshewana, Indiana 3 day crop January 27-29th, 2012. The price is $150 for four to a room, $180 for two to a room. The price includes room, 4 meals and gifts!! Come join us. (989) 906-6420.

I often get asked where I get ideas for cards. Normally it's from other cards, sometimes ones I find on the internet, sometimes my own and sometimes a card I get in the mail like this one from my friend, Terri. I took a look at this card and knew immediately that I could make one similiar that would follow the basic pattern.

Using the fun colors I used the other day, I chose juniper, twilight, sweet leaf and white daisy to play with. The pattern paper is from the Typeset paper pack. Cut a piece of twilight cardstock 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" and distress with chocolate ink. Cut a piece of juniper cardstock 5 1/4" by 4", distress and attach to the twilight cardstock.

Cut two pieces of Typeset pattern paper 5" by 1 1/4", distress and attach just 1/8" in from top of juniper cardstock and bottom of juniper cardstock. Cut a piece of white daisy cardstock the same dimensions, distress and stick right in the middle of the pattern paper strips.

Using the January Word Puzzle stamp set (no longer available) stamp snowflakes on the center strip. If you don't own this set, any snowflakes from any set will do. Use juniper ink.

Using the Card Chatter- Christmas stamp set, stamp "It is Christmas in the Heart..." on the left side above the white cardstock. Stamp "that puts Christmas in the air." on the lower right side just below the white cardstock. Use twilight ink to make it show up on that pattern paper.

Use liquid glass to dot glue on the snowflakes. Liquid glass works well for glitter because it is slow to run so stays put. Pour prisma glitter over the liquid glass and let dry.

Once it's dry, dump the glitter off and flick the back of the card to remove remaining glitter. Use a paintbrush to swipe away any extra (as long as glue is completely dry). I wish my photography could truly show how pretty the glitter looks on this but you'll have to use your imagination. Paste the card on a piece of white daisy cardstock that you've cut 8 1/2" by 5 1/2" and folded in half. Stamp any nice sentiment inside the card. If you like any of the products you've seen today, please click on the links and check them out in my store.

No comments:

Post a Comment