Friday, December 16, 2011

Laugh until your heart overflows card - Christmas card a day

Although this a common pattern from our card how-to books, I may have scraplifted this idea from someone so if you recognize it, please let me know the original consultant's name and I'll post it here. I make so many cards that I sometimes forget which I invented and which may have been inspired by someone else.

For this card I used a paper set that is no longer available called Cherry-O. The browns and pink in this set were so cool. Even though this is technically not a Christmas card I think it will make a good New Year's card so I'm including it here.

Whatever paper you choose, you'll need a cardstock base. I used chocolate cardstock cut 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" and distressed with chocolate. You then need three pattern papers from your paper set cut 4" by 3 1/4", 2" by 2" (needs to be a light color) and a different pattern 2" by 2" and distress with chocolate ink. Now attach the big piece to the right hand side of your chocolate cardstock card front about 1/8" from the side and top. Line up (just like a puzzle) the other two pieces along the left edge of the large pattern paper.
Using the Winter Joy set, stamp the Laugh phrase in chocolate ink on the light colored pattern paper.
Add a pretty matching ribbon across the center of card at the bottom edge of the stamped piece. Don't forget to cut it a little long and attach at the back of the card too. Cut a 1 1/2" chocolate circle (I used my Art Philosophy cartridge of course) and add to lower right of the card.
Cut a 2" by 2" piece of vanilla cardstock (again on the Cricut so I could have ruffles) and stamp one of the cute stamps from the set on it in chocolate ink. Cut a pink square 2 1/4" by 2 1/4" and distress. Add stamped piece to mat and attach to the card as shown. Add three buttons which you've tied with chocolate waxy flax. Cut a piece of vanilla cream cardstock 8 1/2" by 5 1/2", fold in half and attach this whole card front to it. You're done! If you like any of the products you see here, just click on the links to purchase. Make sure you've signed up for my newsletter at the upper right of this blog for giveaways up until December 24th!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!! The brown/pink are SO cute for this winter scene! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a favorite card in my workshops.

    ReplyDelete