Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Decluttering your Papercrafting Supplies - Day Six

Paper is important.  I absolutely am a paperaholic but even though I am, I have decluttered my paper way down.  How did I do it?  It comes down to use, folks.  If you're not using it, it's not worth keeping.

I keep paper that matches, matching is very important to me and IF there isn't enough matching paper to make a full two page layout, out it goes!  

I keep paper that is current.  If it's a couple of years old it's really out of style.  Let it go...let it go.....

I keep paper that is being used.  If it's been in your stash for a long time, time to send it to better use.

I keep paper that is in full sheets, if you are keeping scraps from a paper pack that you don't have full sheets for. get a grip!!!   Dump it!

I am a BIG believer, as I've said before, if something new comes in, something old has to go.  When I buy the paper packs next month when my new Close to my Heart catalog is previewing for consultants, I will go through my old paper to send it onto a good home.  I ALWAYS DO THIS WITH MY STAMP TOO!!

What I don't buy is paper for a project I have not yet planned.  You need to buy paper for photos you already have!  For a project you know you are doing, for cards you are going to get started on right away. Do not buy paper just because you like it and "will" use it "down the road."  Paper isn't going anywhere and this is the number one reason you have TOO MUCH!  Stop buying just because you like it, buy it because you need it!  (And yes, I realize I am a person who makes a living by selling you paper and I'm still telling you not to buy so much!)

So, go through your paper, if it has no matches, put it in the box, if it's old, put it in the box, if you don't have enough for a complete layout, put it in the box, if it's outdated and you've had it forever, out it goes.  Fifteen minutes!   Be fast and be strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment