Friday, June 20, 2014

Decluttering your Papercrafting Supplies - Day Fifteen

Ribbons and twine and string, oh my!  I bet you have a lot of it!  Luckily, ribbons and the like are easy to organize, unluckily, they still can pile up into spools of unused, old product.  Go through your ribbon and be HONEST with yourself.  Pick up each spool and decide:

Do I use it?
When is the last time I used it?
Does it work for me?  For instance, wide ribbons look great on the spool but not on my pages or cards so I can get rid of those easily.
Is it in good shape?
Is there enough of it to make keeping it worthwhile (less than a foot, toss it!!)
Is it easy to store?  Some of those old fibery strings are messy and not worth having.
Is it a color or texture that I will use?

Remember that there is very little that you own, product-wise, that can't be replaced if you end up REALLY needing it down the line so you really can let it go.


No comments:

Post a Comment