Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Declutting your Papercrafting Supplies - Day Nineteen

At some point, when scrapbooking became a little less popular, the scrapbooking industry started to add home decor as another way to papercraft.  It's pretty cool and some of the products are totally worthwhile but many are sitting in bins in your house going unused, right? 

I used to be a cross-stitcher and I always had bigger dreams of what I wanted to cross-stitch than would ever be possible in a lifetime.  I bought patterns and floss and tools all to make hundreds of projects.  They were going to hand on my walls and on the walls of my friends and family too.  Well, I did a few but cross-stitching takes a long time and so it was very few.

Making your own home decor items isn't much different.  If your dreams of making all that stuff got away from you, it's time to go through those frames and shelves and boxes and who knows what else you have and be realistic.  If you have bought too much that you will never get to, do yourself a favor and pass it on to someone who will.  There's no shame in saying "enough"!

No comments:

Post a Comment