Thursday, June 11, 2009

Altered Frame

On my team I have five great girls and we get together once a month for our team meeting. We discuss business, problems, victories, and our Close to my Heart products. We share ideas, get rewards, eat and make a craft. Also, each month, I give them a challenge. For this past month I gave them $1.00 wooden frames I bought at Michael's and told them each to decorate it using scrapbooking supplies. Our meeting is tonight so I had to make sure my frame was finished too. I can't wait to see what they've come up with and, if I can remember, I will take pictures and share with you tomorrow.

The frame measures 8" x 8" and the center is 3.5" x 3.5". I forgot to take a picture of the frame after I painted it but you'll get the idea from the other pictures. I chose to use our
Good Times paper because I didn't have too much left so this is definitely something you could do with extra scraps. I pulled out some Making Memories acrylic paint I have had forever and easily painted the top and sides of the frame within five minutes. Choose a color that matches your paper. Let it dry and then, if you like, you can distress the sides with one of the ink colors that matches the paper. I used chocolate on mine. If you don't like the distressed look, skip it.

While you are letting the paint dry, you can be cutting your patterned paper in squares that measure 1 1/2" b 1 1/2". If your frame is larger or smaller, adjust the size of the squares. If you have a square punch, use that, make it simple!

Now distress (if you want to) the squares you've cut out.

Attach the squares to the frame. I eyeballed it and didn't measure so mine aren't perfect but I wasn't looking for perfection so I'm fine with it. If you are a person who needs everything to line up, measure, approximately 1/4" apart. I glued them down with Liquid Glass, the best adhesive and decorating tool ever.
I used the You Rock stamp set because I was showing off the rock cookies my son had for his birthday (Cookies by Design!!) Stamp "You Rock" on a white piece of cardstock that measures 2 1/2" by 1" white cardstock and then attach it to an olive piece of cardstock measuring 2 3/4" by 1 1/4".


Take your Liquid Glass again and "draw" on the words in You Rock. It will make your stamped image look so very cool and shiny.


Once it's dry (about 1/2 hour for a thick application like this), attach it to your frame with pop dots. Take three buttons that match the colors in your paper and thread them with waxy flax, tie on top. Put those in the lower right corner (to balance the You Rock message) with glue dots. That's it, now my son has a great frame to show off his recent birthday picture and I've completed the challenge to show my girls tonight.



If being on a team like mine sounds good to you, I would love to talk to you about joining mine. Close to my Heart is a great company to work for and our team is awesome! There's nothing like making money doing something you enjoy and I know that you love scrapbooking and/or stamping or you wouldn't be here reading my blog. I can show you how to get free products, earn money, get out of the house and have a great time by becoming a Close to my Heart consultant. Give me a call at 989 906-6420 or email me at caldreamin05@comcast.net and we can talk.

4 comments:

  1. You've got a beautiful blog! I love reading your posts and the way you explain how to create your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Especially the Liquid Glass! Wish I could've been on your team!

    ReplyDelete