Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thinking of You card

I'm in a card swap that's due on Wednesday so I have to make six cards using our June Stamp of the Month, Tender Tags. I was inspired for this particular card by Jen Rubio (stampwithjen.myctmh.com). I liked the way that she hung the two tags from the card and the cute little border made with the fleur de lis stamp on the Tender Tags set. So my hat and kudos are off to her for the inspiration. For my particular card I used Back Country paper. If you've been reading my blog this week you know it's my new favorite. I love the colors of blue and green together in basically anything. All measurements ahead are in inches, make sure you collect your supplies ahead of time to make this 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 card. You will need:

Back Country level 2 papers, a trimmer, white daisy ink, corner rounder, dry embosser, Tender Tags stamp set, stamp blocks, sparkles, outdoor denim ink, olive ink, sponge, ruffled circle punch and circle punch, about 1 inch wide and 1 1/4 inch wide, adhesive (I recommend Tombow), popdots, scissors and matching ribbon, ric rac looks great on this card.



Cut your papers to these sizes: The large olive is the card base, cut it 8 1/2 by 5 1/2. The plaid is the card front, cut it 5 1/4 by 4 inches then round the corners. The blue stripe is 5 1/4 by 2 inches. The olive strip is 5 1/2 by 1 inch and you need to punch out the small ruffled circle and a blue circle then cut a 2 x 2 plaid square to attach them to. You will need a light color to stamp the tags on, white is perfect.

Once your papers are cut, you can distress them if you like with a sponge and the outdoor denim ink pad.

Fold the 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 paper in half, I score it first at the 4 1/4 mark and then flatten it down with a bone folder tool.

Now stamp your tag in outdoor denim and one in olive and cut them out. Once they are cut out, distress them with the sponge and outdoor denim ink.

Here's how they should look cut out, I made extras cause I'm making more than one card.

Attach the blue striped paper, olive strip and the ribbon to the card face. I use tombow on the ribbon, seems to hold it well. Trim off any edges that go off the card.

Glue the tags down as shown, doesn't the white floral design up the sides look cool?

Stamp the Thinking of You on the small ruffled circle with outdoor denim.

Glue the ruffled circle to the blue circle to the 2 x 2 plaid square. Now take the whole thing and use pop dots to attach it.

Use our self-adhesive sparkles at the top of the tags for some bling. Take the small fleur de lis stamp and stamp a few times along the bottom with the white daisy ink. Remember this particular white daisy ink takes a bit longer to dry so be careful there.


Now all you have to do is attach the card front to the card base centering it. Easy! You're done!




1 comment: