Thursday, October 29, 2009

Much Happiness card

I hope this card comes across as pretty in pictures as it is in person. I can't stop looking at it here at home!! I used the Life Delights paper, a favorite of my upline, Michelle. I haven't pulled out this paper in a long time and I'm not sure why because it's one of my favorites too. Who can resist that color combination, lilac, pink, light green and off white, beautiful! Cut your pieces as follows:

8 1/2 by 5 1/2 card base, colonial white cardstock
1 1/4 by 5 1/2 sweet leaf cardstock
3 by 3/4 pattern paper
3 by 4 3/4 lilac mist cardstock
4 1/4 by 1/2 colonial white cardstock
2 by 2 colonial white cardstock
2 1/4 by 2 1/4 blush cardstock
(3) 3/4 by 3/4 squares of blush cardstock

As usual, you can distress if you like with lilac mist and a foam tool.

Glue the lilac mist large piece on the right hand side flush with bottom and right side. Glue the sweet leaf strip on the left side flush with the fold.

Attach pattern piece up at the top of the card above the lilac mist piece.

Using Kanji Phrases stamp set, stamp the "much happiness" stamp on the 2 by 2 square in sweet leaf. Yes, I do like this stamp set, it just looks romantic and beautiful.

Use the "much happiness" stamp in blush under the symbol.

Attach to the blush 2 1/4 by 2 1/4 mat then to the top of the lilac mist piece about a 1/4 inch down from top. Glue down the three small squares to the left bottom of the sweet leaf strip about 1/8 inch apart.

Stamp on the skinny colonial white stamp, "much happiness," you can do it twice, I made mine run off the edge, I would have done it twice if I had it to do again. Use sweet leaf ink.

Glue that strip along the bottom but not flush with the bottom, just up a little bit.

Now add some lilac mist brads as shown, I saw this look in one of our older catalogs and loved it. The card is simple but beautiful. The distressing really makes this in person, such a soft sweet look. I hope you'll try out this card.

1 comment: