Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Supply List for a New Scrapbooker

So often new scrapbookers ask me what supplies I think they need to get started. This morning I sat down to really make a thorough list of what I would have a newbie buy. So, here, in order of importance, are my suggestions:

Paper - My Reflections Scrapbook Kits and 12 x 12 Cardstock - You absolutely have to have paper or there is no page. If you only can afford one type, choose the cardstock but the pattern papers are truly beautiful and add so much.

Euro Personal Paper Trimmer - I don't know anyone who can cut perfectly straight with a pair of scissors. You HAVE TO HAVE a good trimmer to cut your paper and this one works well, it has measurements up to 12 inches and even measurements for cards.

Tombow Mono Adhesive and Memory Book Glue Dots - I have been waiting for years to find a good adhesive to hold the textured and heavier papers and it actually takes two adhesives that will work for nearly everything you create. Tombow works for nearly everything except metal or heavier accents like buttons. The Glue Dots take care of those super bulky and heavy items.

Micro-Tip Scissors - These are the best, sharpest scissors I've ever used, 'nuf said.

Foam tools - Distressing the edges of your papers is really big now and has been for a long time. It helps distinguish your pattern papers and cardstock from each other and gives your pages a nice rustic look. I find the best tool to use is a sponge with a handle.

Alphabet Stamp Set - To avoid the problem of running out of e's and a's with sticker and diecut alphabets, I use stamp alphabet sets. With a good ink pad, you are set for titles!!

Black ink - You'll need this to go with your alphabet stamp set and for distressing. Black is the color that will go best with most of your pages but it would be handy to get brown down the line too.

My Legacy Faux Leather Albums - Once you've made your beautiful pages, you need a pretty album to show them off in. These are gorgeous!

My Legacy Writer Black Pen - If you are not a person who likes to journal on your pages, that's okay BUT, you definitely want to at least label faces, places and dates on each page because, as you know, memory fades in time!

There's so much you can get once you have the basics above, embellishments, ribbons, buttons, brads, etc., but you will be off to a good start with this list. Have fun and if you need any of the items I posted, just click on the links and they will take you right to my website where you can buy and have everything sent right to your house. What could be easier than that?

BY THE WAY, SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER (LOOK TO THE RIGHT) AND FIND OUT MY SPECIAL FOR THE FIRST PERSON WHO ORDERS OFF MY WEBSITE THIS MONTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment