Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Taming the Closet Monster Part Two

So, for these past few days, as I suffered from a flu/cold mixture, I worked on my closet. See the before pictures a couple of posts back. I took out one album at a time and stayed on the couch looking through each page, sometimes cringing, other times thinking that I might be an okay scrapbooker! I then tried to organize the albums by size to make them fit into the cupboard better. Even though it looks much nicer, these albums still need work. I want each one labeled as to what's in it, in general. I now scrapbook by theme but many of these are by year so they need to be labeled as such even if it's just a post it on the side. Also a lot of these albums have missing pages...more on that later.

I truly regret starting out as an 8 1/2 by 11 scrapbooker. It's not easy to find 8 1/2 by 11 albums anymore to replace these junkie notebooks. Even Close to my Heart doesn't sell them which means I'll be limited as to which albums I eventually switch them to in the future.

These are my 12 x 12 albums, there is quite a variety and if I were to do it all over again I would have chosen one album and stuck with it but, that's life. Under the 12 x 12 albums are albums in various sizes including accordian albums and 6 x 6 sizes. I actually remember a time when I thought I wouldn't make mini-albums but now I love them.

Now this is my collection of negatives and cds which contain tons of photos. A lot of them have already been scrapbooked but I don't which ones so this is definitely another monster I have to take care of.

These are the leftovers. The stack on the left are album page protectors and inserts that go with various brands of albums. I will need to figure out which albums they go to and decide whether to use them or sell them. The stack on the right is over 100 12 x 12 layouts that have no place to go currently. Guess I'd better start buying new albums from myself.

This is a stack of Christmas 8 1/2 by 11 pages that were all in an album together. Unfortunately there was actually mold starting to grow on this album so I had to throw it out. On Friday I'll show you where these are going to end up for now.

This is the stack of pages that I made without adding photos. I'll be taking them with me to my 3 day Shipshewana crop and trying to find photos to fit into them. There's also some empty albums and a few pages that need to be completed or fixed in some way.

This is a bunch of mini albums that have no photos. I need to find pictures to go into them or sell them. I love the Easter album and am thinking about putting it in our silent auction for Operation Smile at our Shipshewana crop. All of these items are in my living room and need to be taken care of in some way or another. Stay tuned for my next steps.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Barbara! Looks like you're doing very well with the new year's resolutions! I can only wish I had a closet monster like this...my closet monster is boxes and boxes of unscrappped photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you going to do about those Lorrinda? Can you do one box at a time, at least to organize and date it?

    ReplyDelete