Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Twilight

Anyone out there a fan of the Twilight books? I am. I really didn't realize there was this big vampire romance obsession going on until right before the movie came out. I started to hear these little whispers about how popular this book was and so I went to see the movie. I have to be honest and say I wasn't impressed. I certainly wasn't thrilled enough to read the books at all.

Then one day, I was reading the Close to my Heart off-topic message boards and noticed a lot of threads about Twilight. That, coupled with a fellow consultant's recommendation made me curious so I decided to order the first and second books.

Well, I couldn't put them down. Within a couple of weeks I'd read both and practically ran to the store to get the third. I'm now on the fourth and I find it so interesting that books written for teenagers could be so fun for an adult to read. (Can you say, "Harry Potter?")

So, why am I telling you all about of this on a scrapbooking and stamping blog? Well, it's simple. We all have interests, for me it's guitar and Twilight and American Idol and Hall and Oates. For you it's something completely different. What I want to know is when was the last time you did a page or two in your scrapbook about one of your interests? Yeah, I thought so. It's been a long time if ever, right? Well it's time.

Your families do not just want to see pages about what trip you all went on or yet another picture of them swimming in the pool. They want to know about you too. Why not share a part of who you are in a page or two this week? I plan to, I'm going to make a page about Twilight, just for fun. I promise to share it when I'm done, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment