Sunday, December 12, 2010

Is it snowing where you are?

Check out the update of my artwork I've completed since this morning at the end of this post. More to come later today!

I was supposed to have my Santa's Workshop today but threats of a big winter storm has caused me to move it to Wednesday instead. Of course, cancelling my plans will for sure make the storm a mild one, right?

Anyway, today I will be staying in, how about you? Do you take advantage of situations like this to get some scrapbooking or cardmaking in? I do. Since I do scrapbooking and cardmaking for a living I sometimes don't have a lot of time to do my own so I have to make plans to do just that.

Women are givers, we are always putting ourselves to the back of the line, aren't we? I know that even when cooking I will make my meal last after everyone else has theirs. Thank goodness that we are like that because the world would come to a complete stop without the women in the world but the truth is, we do need to take time out for ourselves.

So, my challenge for you today is to treat yourself to something that makes you happy, whether it's scrapbooking, cardmaking or even going to the movies. Whatever it takes to put a smile on your face will work. Since I know a lot of my readers are going to be hit with snow today, give that as an excuse to give yourself an early Christmas present and do what you want to do for a change.

I'd love to hear about what you come up with. Please comment here so we can share treating ourselves.

Also, before I forget, I'm about to start my 12 days of Christmas newsletter series. I will start it tomorrow, on the 13th. There will be twelve days of newsletters with tutorials, sales and even a collection of something special to give to some preschoolers. You won't want to miss it. Sign up at the top right hand side of this page if you aren't already on my newsletter. If you are, you will automatically be put into a special 12 days of Christmas newsletter list.

UPDATE: 3:54 P.M. and I've finished a project. What do you think of this altered My Acrylix Organizer? It's easy to change it into a card box. Here are the measurements for each part.

Front: Cardstock 6 1/4" by 4 1/4"
Pattern paper 2" by 4"
Pattern paper 2" by 4"
Cardstock circle 2"
Cardstock circle 2 1/2"
Decorations are Stickease.

Top: To cover up the Close to my Heart logo, cut a piece of pattern paper 5" by 2" and decorate with Stickease.

Side: You will need to make two of everything below, one for each side.
Cardstock 6" by 4"
Pattern paper (2) 1 x 6
Pattern paper 1 x 6
Cardstock circles (2) 1 1/2"
Cardstock circles (2) 2"
Decorate with Stickease.

Back: Cardstock 6" by 4 1/4", dry emboss lines if you like.
Pattern paper 5 1/2" by 3 1/2"
Cardstock 1 1/2" by 6"
Pattern paper 1" by 6"

Inside: Cut 12 of these.
Cardstock 6" by 5"
Pattern paper 6" by 5"
Cardstock tabs 2 1/2" by 2 1/2"
Glue pattern paper to bottom of cardstock, stagger tabs so that you can flip through them easily. Stamp labels on them. To find out about this particular paper set you
need to subscribe to my newsletter at the top right of my blog! Have fun!!

Here's the second project I completed today. It's a 2 page layout with some new awesome paper. More about it in my newsletter.

>

No comments:

Post a Comment