Monday, December 20, 2010

The products I can't live without

I was given an assignment in a group I'm in to list the Close to my Heart products I can't live without. Now this is the kind of writing task that I love!

1. Imagine - I don't know how many of you have tried our "how-to" books but I truly can't scrapbook or make cards without them. After scrapbooking for 13 years now I have seen every sketch book under the sun but these ones are soooooo much better. I just love how they give me exact measurements. I'm not much of a perfectionist anymore but I still have the tendency sometimes and this just caters to that characteristic. I love all of our idea books but Imagine is definitely my favorite.

2. Studio J - I'm sure if you've been watching any of my posts for the past couple of months you can see that I am into Studio J. I am a traditional scrapbooker all the way but there is nothing easier or faster than to be able to do all the same things with the click of a mouse! As a consultant I was given the opportunity to get a year's membership at a super low price and with my discount I pay about $2.50 per page. You can't beat that.

3. My Reflections Paper Kits - Hello, my name is Barbra Otten and I am a paperaholic. I can never get enough and our papers are so wonderful because everything matches!

4. Say It In Style Stamp Set - I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is my most used stamp set. Check it out and you'll see why.

5. Flip Flaps - It took several months before I finally put together my own layout using Flip Flaps but once I did I was hooked. Check out how they are used with a real layout HERE.

6. Sparkles - Who doesn't like a little bling? I have especially grown fond of these lately because they make my Christmas tags look so cool. Here's an example below, if you missed out on my Twelve Days of Christmas newsletter where I show how to make this tag, it's not too late. Just sign up at the upper right of my blog and I'll get you up to date.

7. My Creations Memory Showcase, the 6 x 6 size - I have altered this item more than any other I'm positive. This book is so easy to put apart, holds 8 photos at least and makes a great gift. "Nuff said."

8. Micro-tip scissors - These are sharp, stay sharp and get into those little tight spots that need cutting.

9. Tombow Mono Adhesive - After years of looking for just the right adhesive, I finally found it with Tombow. It holds though embossed pages, textured papers and doesn't let go. Do not take my Tombow away!!

10. Foam Tools - Now I realize that a lot of my customers make fun of the fact that I distress everything but it does seem that when they try it, they see why!! I use the foam tools that Close to my Heart sells for my distressing. It helps keep my hands clean (most of the time) and adds a more subtle, soft look to my distressing. Can't live without them!

So, that's basically it although there are probably enough other products I also need but I limited it to twelves THIS TIME! I'd love to hear what you can't live without. If you have seen something on my list that you have to have, make sure you take advantage of our Plenty for Twenty special before the month ends and get yourself a free stamp set too!

No comments:

Post a Comment