Friday, March 22, 2013

3 @ Easter layout - Cricut

It was so much fun to do a traditional layout this week because I normally catch up with my scrapbooking by using Studio J digital scrapbooking.  I'm happy to say I do a combination of both in my books and so here's an Easter layout (although not from this year).   I'm using two pages in the Art Philosophy book because I wanted to make sure to use the @ sign from our "oval 1" page.  
 
 
 I'm also on our next page, the "square 1" page using the number 3.  For this layout I cut the letters and @ sign at 1 1/4 inch.  The paper pack is Later Sk8r , one of my favorites.  Isn't it nice to have some boy paper!   Your title can fit your photos, of course, so utilize the letters on either the Art Philosophy or Artiste cartridges.
 
 
Close to my Heart has made my scrapbooking easier because of their pattern how to books:  Reflections, Originals (a card making book) and Make It From Your Heart are still available.  I literally do all of my layouts using these pattern books now.  I also have the retired Imagine books too if anyone needs them.  I'm using the Monologue. pattern from Imagine today.  On your left layout use outdoor denim cardstock for your base.  Distress all pieces with outdoor denim ink.  Cut the green pattern paper 1 by 12 inches and attach 1/2 inch from the top of the page.  Cut the same pattern paper 2 by 12 inches and attach flush with the bottom.   Cut the plaid paper 3 by 12 inches and attach just above the green paper.  For the mat, cut the light blue pattern paper 7 by 5 inches and the inner mat out of pear cardstock cut 6 by 4 inches.  Attach together and then 1/2 inch from left hand side of page.
 
 
For right hand page use outdoor denim cardstock as base again.  The long one goes along the right hand side of your page vertically, the short one goes at the bottom left flush with the page.  Cut the plaid paper 12 by 3 inches and attach to the left of the green pattern paper.  Cut the light blue pattern paper 5 x 7 and attach 1/2 inch down from the top horizontally.  Cut a mat out of lagoon cardstock 4 1/2 by 6 1/2 inches.  Attach 1/2 inch from bottom and right hand side. 

 
Have you heard of flip flaps?  They are the best way to add more photos to your layout without having to cut them all down.  I'm using two 6 by 12 inch flip flaps on the left hand page to add an additional six photos to my layout.  You do them just like mini layouts, with pattern paper, mats and decorations.  Here's the left flip flap on the front.  I've used the light blue pattern paper cut 6 by 12 inches.  Each mat is cut out of the green pattern paper and measures 5 1/4 by 4 inches.  Distress all and add photos.  Attach down to the blue pattern paper.  Add some epoxy bubbles down the sides then slip into the flip flap page protector.

 
On the other side of the same flip flap use the light green pattern paper as the base.  Mat with the light blue pattern paper using the same sizes as the front.  This side I didn't decorate.   Slip it behind the first page.

 
So here's a look at the two pages next each other.  Where you see the second mat on the left side was the place for the title but because I wanted my title to be on my flip flap I added a second mat cut at 5 1/4 by 4 inches.  Add a zip strip from the top of your pattern paper cut at 5 1/4 inches across the top of the mat.  Add your photos.  I pulled out my handy dandy paper bow from the Artiste cartridge to decorate below the photo but you could use real ribbon and a bow if your don't have an Artiste cartridge.  Use a strip of shimmer trim cut 12 inches long just below the plaid paper.  Attach some epoxy bubbles just below the photo on the left.  On the right layout add an inner mat to the light blue pattern paper mat on the upper right cut 6 1/4 by 4 1/4 inches.  Also, cut two 3 x 3 mats out of slate cardstock and place them 1/2 inch below the blue pattern mat to add some more photos.  Add shimmer trim 7 inches and 6 inches and place along the top of green pattern paper and vertically along the side of the plaid paper as shown.  Add epoxy bubbles as you like. 

 
Now for the flip flap on the right hand side of the left layout.  Cut plaid pattern paper 6 by 12 inches.  Distress and add light blue pattern paper cut 3 1/2 by 12 inches.  Glue centered on the pattern paper.  Add a zip strip from the top of the pattern papers to the right of the light blue pattern paper.  Cut green pattern paper 2 1/2 by 1 1/2 and cut them into pennants (or use your "banner 2" key at 2 1/2 inches).  Add to the left side of the light blue pattern paper down the left side.  Add your letters as shown.  Slip this page into your flip flap.  I did not add photos or decorate the other side of this flip flap as you'll see in the video.  I didn't have any more photos nor anything else to say.  The flip flaps attach on the outside of your page protector.  They have an adhesive strip that easily folds around the left side onto the back of the page protector and on the right side on the seam of the page protector, so easy to add on, really!! 
 
 
Here's the final look on the video.
 

3 comments:

  1. Great layouts. I like the flip flaps idea. Can you use them on any scrapbook page or does it have to be a CTMH scrapbook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts. I like the flip flaps idea. Can you use them on any scrapbook page or does it have to be a CTMH scrapbook?

    ReplyDelete