Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Thanks So Very Much Card - Cricut

Let's make a big card today!   I am really excited about this card because I enjoy making unusual sizes.  This card you'll cut using Avonlea paper.  Using the "oval 1" key, the shift key and the "card" key, cut out the pattern paper at 5 1/2 inches.  Distress and fold the card.  On page 23, you'll need to cut a square border using the "square 1" key and the "layer" key.  See how we're skipping ahead to the key we'll be using later this week?   Cut it out of Avonlea blue, distress with slate ink, and attach to the front of your card.
 
 
Open your card and cut a square using the "square 1" key out of the Avonlea off-white.  Cut it at 4 1/2 inches.  Distress with slate ink and glue centered inside of card.  It makes a nice background to see through the snowflake cutouts.

 
This part is optional because you can just tie a bow from any matching ribbon for the card but I LOVE the paper bows I cut from my Artiste cartridge.  I cut it at 1 inch and then stamped on it using the Universal Backgrounds stamp set and slate ink.

 
On the inside of the card stamp the Thank You banner and "Thank You" stamp from the For A Friend stamp set.  Use slate ink. 

 
To decorate, put the bow together with a bran and add Durables studs on the outside snowflakes.  Using the same stamp set, stamp the "Thanks so very much" sentiment on the Avonlea off-white paper and cut it out OR you can use "rectangle 4" shape on page 25 of your book cut at 1 1/2 inches.  Doesn't having a Cricut make life so much easier?!!!  Distress and attach to the lower center of the card and you're done! 

 
All products are available by clicking on the links!!

Ever wonder which way to look at the shape in your instruction book to determine what size you need?  Check out this video. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip Barbra! I am going to try this today. :) Should save me ALOT of paper since I throw out SO much with wrong size cuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always cut out different sizes until I get the one I want. Thanks for the tip. Enjoyed you card too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always cut out different sizes until I get the one I want. Thanks for the tip. Enjoyed you card too.

    ReplyDelete