Monday, March 25, 2013

Buzz and Bumble Workshop on the Go

I hope you'll indulge me as I deviate from the Cricut theme today.  Over the weekend I decided to reward myself by doing a Close to my Heart Workshop on the Go.   I was looking over the Buzz and Bumble Workshop and I was curious to see if it was really true that I could do THREE PROJECTS from one Workshop on the Go.   Believe it or not, after all these years of buying Workshops on the Go, I have never done all three projects included in the kit.   Shame on me for not trying this WHOLE kit out before showing it to my customers. 
 
Well, it's TRUE.  I made all of these projects, two 2-page layouts and three of our new containers using only the paper, decorations and the stamp set included with the Workshop on the Go and I still have paper and decorations and a great stamp set left!!!!   Talk about getting your money's worth!   Workshops on the Go are only $29.95 and it truly blows my mind that I was able to make everything from one kit.  I will not be giving a tutorial on these pages because the kit is a copyrighted pattern but you can get your own kit RIGHT HERE!  Check it out.
 
Here's the first two page layout.  The embossed background pages were my idea but for everything else I followed the directions in the kit.    The title was stamped with the beautiful alphabet set, Bohemian Alphabet (not included). 
 
 
The stamp set in this workshop is really awesome, the flower is so detailed and pretty and I followed kit directions and colored it with a blending pen and the ink pad which gave it a look that was so subtle and washed out which was just perfect for the look of this layout.  I also turned up the edges of the flowers to make it even more 3-d.

 
The Buzz and Bumble assortment (included) comes with wax seals and wooden flowers and bees that are so cool that I'm definitely getting more!! 

 
The second layout I made without mats (because the instructions didn't have them and I wanted to follow directions exactly) but just to the left of the word "summer" goes an 8 by 10 inch photo.  On the right hand page you add two 3 1/2 by 5 inch photos to the left of the embellishment.  I have plenty of paper left to make mats for these when I'm ready to add photos.
 
 
I love the way the layout groups embellishments together, it's something that I'm not particularly good at by myself.
 
 
The kit comes with step by step cutting instructions so for those of you who claim to be uncreative, no need to worry about that because the creating is done for you, you just follow directions.  You can't see it here but I stamped and cut the word "beautiful" out and popped it up over the "wonderful day" stamp so it's very 3-d!

 
The third project is THREE kraft containers.  The containers are not included and I only have one currently but I cut the paper and decorations out for the last two as soon as I get them ordered.  These were particularly super easy to put together.  So, if you are one of those people who loves a good kit, try our Workshops on the Go.  Back to Cricut shapes tomorrow!
 

2 comments:

  1. Great layouts. Enjoy the kits. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts. Enjoy the kits. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete