Saturday, March 30, 2013

You Anchor Me Back Down - Cricut

So if you were watching my blog this month you know that I recently discovered an even greater love of the Workshops on the Go for Close to my Heart.  You really ought to take advantage of these products, you certainly get your money's worth.   AND if you really like working with these types of patterns where you are given step by step directions to make the most beautiful layouts, check out the Magic book that I've put up on Ebay.  It's a retired Magic book and it's quite rare these days, this is my last one too!
 
Today I'm doing the Tommy Workshop on the Go.  I also added a touch of my own by using our next shape on the Cricut cartridge.  We're on page 23 in your Art Philosophy cartridge book.  We're going to make the little "buckle" piece.  Cut it at 1 1/4 inches using the "square 1" key with the "tag" key.   Cut the yellow pattern paper from your Tommy set.   As mentioned before, I'm not allowed to do the step by step for the two page layout because it's a copyrighted pattern so I'm just showing you how I added this buckle accent.
 
 
For this two page layout I needed to decorate up a square accent that measured 2 1/4 so I cut a strip of cranberry cardstock 1 inch by 2 1/4 inches.  Distress both pieces with desert sand.

 
Now, on the pre-cut accent square, add the buckle and paper ribbon using 3-d foam tape.  

 
Add the cute little flags from the Tommy Assortment pack that comes with your Workshop on the Go.  I just poked them right through the foam tape that was under the buckle, super easy and no adhesive needed. 

 
Here's the whole layout, make sure you click twice on it to see it in detail.  Don't forget that if you place an order on my website before midnight on Sunday you will be in the running for a brand new Art Philosophy cartridge.  Make sure to hit the JOIN button when you order.  


1 comment:

  1. Love the layout and how you used the buckle. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete