Thursday, March 14, 2013

You Melt My Heart card - Cricut

I just noticed that when using brackets to describe the key you are supposed to use when cutting with the cartridge, it makes the whole name of the key disappear in my paragraphs so if some of the cutting instructions in past posts sound confusing, please point them out to me.  I tried to fix them but may have missed spots.
 
For those of you who haven't been following my blog this month, I am going page by page, shape by shape through my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge by Close to my Heart.   I'm on the second page, page 22 and today I'm using both the "snowflake 1"  and the layer key for the snowflake.  To make this card cut smokey plum cardstock at 2 1/2 inches using the shift key and the "snowflake 1"  key (which is the 2nd key on the top row).  Cut white daisy cardstock using the shift key, the layer key and the "snowflake 1" key.  Cut it at 2 inches. 
 
 
Cut your card front out of white daisy cardstock at 8 1/2 by 5 1/2, fold in half and have the opening to the right side vertically.   Cut a piece of smokey plum cardstock 5 1/4 by 4 inches.  Cut a piece of white daisy cardstock at 5 by 3 3/4 inches.  If you would like to, you can use a Cuddlebug to emboss.  I used a diamond shape template but a dotted one would be really cool.  Glue them in order to each other after you distress with smokey plum ink. Attach the white snowflake to the smokey plum snowflake and add them with 3-d foam tape to the upper center of card about 1/2 inch down from the top.   Using the "Snowflakes" stamp set by Close to my Heart, stamp "You melt my heart" using smokey plum ink just below the snowflake slightly to the left. 

 
 
Add sparkles to center of snowflake and three on the lower right of the card for some bling.  It's a super easy card to celebrate the last few days of winter.  Don't forget the giveaway I am having this month.   Order from my website for your chance at an Art Philosophy cartridge.   www.barbraotten.ctmh.com

                                               
 

1 comment:

  1. Great card. I love snowflakes, but am ready for Spring.

    ReplyDelete