Monday, March 18, 2013

Warmest Wishes Card - Cricut

We're on page 22 in the Close to my Heart Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  Today we're using the decorative layer key with the "oval 1" key.  We are also using the card key with the "oval 1" key to make a card.  Using outdoor denim cardstock cut the card out at 9 inches.  Cut the decorative layer using white daisy cardstock at 3 1/4 inches. 
 
 
The card looks like this, it will fit in a 4 by 9 1/2 inch envelope.  I've been hoping to find a good card to fit that standard size envelope because I have about 100 of them!!   Distress both pieces. 

 
If you remember, I mentioned that the Cricut doesn't always cut smaller circles perfectly so I pulled out my Close to my Heart 1 1/4" punch to get it just right.  Stamp first when using this and then line up your punch to cut it out.  I used the Perfect Fit- Holidays stamp set for this card.   Stamp the snowflake twice on white daisy paper using outdoor denim ink.  Stamp the circle in sky ink on white daisy paper and then "warmest wishes" in the middle of that with outdoor denim ink. 

 
Attach the decorative layer piece first to the center of the folded card.  Use 3-d foam tape to pop up the two snowflakes as shown below.   I did dry emboss lines on the front of the card with my embossing tools and trimmer but you don't have to do that.

 
I felt the front of my card was a bit too white so I used this cool wiry tool to make tiny little specks all over the front of the card with outdoor denim ink.  It's the handiest little tool.  Pop up the "warmest wishes" stamped image in the center of your card. 

 
Use glitz gel to decorate.  I put it on the smaller snowflakes points, really brightens up the card. 

 
What does Set Cut Area mean?
 

1 comment:

  1. Cute card. I have been learning new things about my Cricut. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete