Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Aspiration card

I know we're working on unfinished projects but first I had to prepare card kits for a crop I'm going to this week. The last time I attended this crop the girls were admiring the cards I was making so I offered to give them a lesson in card-making. Later today I will pull out one of my unfinished projects and let you all know how that goes. I used Bella paper on this particular card and made about 24 kits just in case the crop is very full. When I'm starting any project I lay out my paper so I can see how much I have of each pattern and color. You can see that completed card there, it was one I'd done a few months back and a favorite Wishes pattern of mine. I used it as my example for a new card with different paper.

Cut your card base 8 1/2" by 5 1/2" and fold it in half. Cut either the smokey plum or desert sand cardstock 5 1/4" by 4". (Remember I'm making a lot of these so I used two colors since I didn't have enough of either. You only need the smokey plum OR the desert sand). Cut your choice of patterned paper 2 1/2" by 4 1/4". Cut the creme brulee cardstock 2" by 2 1/2". You also need three olive 1/2" by 1/2" squares, hopefully you have a punch for those. You'll need some white paper to stamp on also.

I've been playing with my crimper again and another fun trick to do with it is to send it through in one direction then turn it and send it in again. Check out the pattern it makes after you sand it, awesome!! I sent the creme brulee piece in just once to be different.

Cut off the corners of both of those same pieces with a corner rounder and distress with a sponge and ink.

Distress the rest of your pieces too (if you like, this is always optional).

Attach the sanded, crimped desert sand piece to your card base. Make sure your card base is distressed too.

Attach the patterned piece about an inch down from the top. I tried it two ways and ended up with the more brightly patterned piece instead as you can see below. If you are going to stamp the word "dream" on it you might want to use the lighter side so it really shows up.

Using olive ink and the Aspiration set, stamp your flower stamp twice, use the outline stamp in smokey plum and the center can be done in smokey plum also, there are several center choices in this stamp set, use the one you like. You can make the little dots stand out with a smokey plum pen as shown.

Attach the creme brulee piece about an inch from the bottom, a quarter inch from the left side. Add the 1/2" squares as shown. Cut out your flowers and glue one down but pop the second flower up on it with a pop dot. If you turn it just slightly the petals of the bottom flower will show. Finally you can stamp the word "dream" on the patterned paper, mine didn't show up that well so next time I may use the lighter side of the patterned paper. Another option would be to stamp "dream" inside the card, up to you. You can tell I like this Aspiration set as I use it often, it's a beautiful set of stamps. Later today or tomorrow I'm going to pull out one of the unfinished cards and make myself do it, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. your cards are always so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful - I have to get that flower stamp set

    ReplyDelete