Thursday, July 16, 2009

Framed

I did a workshop last week where we made a layout and framed it. This particular version was inspired by a piece of artwork I saw on a Close to my Heart bulletin board but I can't remember the name of the artist. If anyone recognizes the idea, please let me know her name. In the meantime, here's my friend, Paula and David Archuletta from American Idol. Paula and I go and try and get autographs at the Idol show every year, we've had great luck having met twelve idols so far. This is a great way to display your layouts too! Workshops are a great way to get some scrapbooking or card-making done without having to find the time in your own home. If you are interested in having a workshop in your home and you live in the southwest Michigan area, send me an email and we can set one up for you. caldreamin05@comcast.net

I just got a chance to take a picture of another one of the frames we made at the workshop last weekend. This is using More to Adore paper (above was Back Country) but the same basic layout, the stamp set is Extreme Happiness. You can also add ribbons around the frame, just slip a long piece of ribbon (or two) between the frame and the glass before closing it up in back, tie a bow (or two) and trim the ends. This is my sister and myself a few years back.

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous project Barbra!! I think I'm going to do one of my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what I've been searching for - inspiration to 'pretty up' some frames!! Thanks for that inspiration!

    ReplyDelete