Monday, July 6, 2009

Dream card

I'm having a lot of fun playing with my new crimper/corrugator, it sure makes dry embossing fast. The paper I used this weekend was light so I needed to do something to make the lines show up besides sanding. For this particular piece I decided to use a brush to stipple it, lots of tiny little dots made from the bristles of the brush. I used a desert sand color and just kept pouncing on the paper until it was the color I wanted. The paper is cut 5 1/2" by 4 1/4", crimped and stippled. Take your ink pad and run it around the outside edge of your paper, it makes a darker distressed edge than using a sponge.

All paper is Notebook, cut the desert sand striped paper 4 1/4" by 1 3/4" and 4 1/4" by 1 1/2". Attach the larger piece 1/4" down from the top of the card front and the other about 1/4" from the bottom.

Cut a piece of black cardstock 4 1/4" by 1/2" and put it through the crimper.

Sand it and then glue it right in the middle between the desert sand patterned pieces.

From the May word puzzle stamp set use the border and stamp it along the two desert sand patterned pieces. You can choose to stamp on these before attaching them, I didn't and the impression was just fine, make sure that you use the spong underneath. Use desert sand ink.

Cut a piece of colonial white cardstock 2 1/2" by 2 1/2. Using the Aspiration stamp set (one of my favorites) stamp the flower in bamboo, the outline in desert sand and then the small flower center in desert sand. I then took a cocoa pen and detailed the small dots on the flower.

Attach that piece to your card 1 inch down from the top, one quarter inch from the right hand side.

Cut a 3/4" by 3 3/4" piece of colonial white cardstock and stamp the word "dream" from the Aspiration set. Glue to card about 1/2" up from the bottom, flush with the left hand side. That's the card. I liked this one so much that I'm going to use it to teach some fellow scrapbookers in St. Joseph, Michigan this weekend. I'll be experimenting with different paper sets to find just the right one to wow them. What a great job I have!!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card, I sat right down and lifted it (well as much as I could without the May Word Puzzle set, shich is now on my gotta have list!) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete