Sunday, July 5, 2009

Endless Friendship card

While my husband and dad went golfing yesterdy after our 4th of July picnic, my mother and I sat down and did some scrapbooking and stamping. I have a crop I'm going to Friday and am teaching the scrappers there how to make a card so I'm experimenting a bit to find just the right one. I took just one pack of paper, this time Notebook, and decided to make cards only out of that paper pack, it forces me to be creative and also uses up paper that I may have not been playing with for awhile. I loved Notebook when it first came out and made lots of layouts with it but no cards so this was a great way to challenge myself. Cut out your papers first, this is for a 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" card so you need a card base that measures 8 1/2" by 5 1/2 piece of colonial cardstock, folded in half. I made four cards at once which is why you'll see several cut papers below. Cut the crystal blue striped paper 5 1/4" by 4", that will be your card front. Cut the notebook lined paper 4" by 3" and a piece of the pink patterned paper 2 1/2" by 2 1/2". You'll need some white paper to stamp on also.

If you like to distress, do it now. In general I use a sponge which I brush onto my ink and then around the edges of each paper. I used Desert Sand to distress these pieces.

Using the May Word Puzzle set, I took the word "Mother" on the bottom of the notebook lined paper in crystal blue ink. Check out that paper, isn't it cool how it looks like coffee spilled on it? If you haven't used acrylic stamps before, I highly recommend them because you can see what you're doing.

Attach the blue striped paper to the card base.

Glue your notebook lined paper to the center of the card.
Put the pink patterned paper up towards the top of the notebook lined paper, about 1/4" down.

On your separate white paper, stamp the flowers from the Endless Friendship stamp set, you need three flowers. I used crystal blue, stamped with a desert sand center (not shown in this picture) and then a hollyhock design center (the little star like stamp).

The last step is to cut out your flowers, distress the edges a bit then attached them to your card as shown. It's a very quick and easy card. I made 4 of these and then 4 others using four different ways of decorating a crimped background. Stay tuned for those this week.

1 comment: