Monday, July 13, 2009

Key to my Heart - Unfinished!

This month I'm working on completing unfinished projects and organizing messy supplies. This morning I reached into my "unfinished" box and pulled out these baggies. These were leftovers from a party I had for Close to my Heart in which we made cute little cards. Unfortunately I didn't save the card so I wasn't sure how to put it together and it's been sitting in the box for a long time.

The first thing I did was lay out the pieces so I could try and remember what the card looked like.

Using the pre-measured pieces I tried to figure out a basic layout, none of the pieces are attached yet.

Here's what I came up with: You need a card base cut 8 1/2" by 5 1/2", scored and folded in half. For the card front, choose a piece of your patterned paper, I used Key to my Heart paper which is no longer available at this time (but we're hoping to see it come up in some catalog soon). The card front should measure 5 1/2" by 4 1/4". The polka dot striped piece is 5 1/2" long and 1" tall. The creme brulee piece is 1 1/2" wide, 3 1/2" long, tuck it under the polka dot piece and attach as shown.

Cut a rectangle 2 1/2" by 3" and one 2 3/4" by 3 1/4", put the smaller on the larger piece.

Attach it to the card about a half inch from the left side, up a half inch from the bottom of the card.

If you have some Magic Mesh, cut it 2 1/4" by 1 1/2" and attach flush with the left and bottom of the card.

Use waxy flax in the buttons, tie once on top.

Using the Connections stamp set, take the small sun-like stamp and stamp in either Creme Brulee or Sorbet on a white piece of paper measuring 3" by 2". From the September Word Puzzle stamp set, stamp "smile" in Juniper.

Attach buttons to the left hand side and the "smile" image one inch from the right side and top of the card.

Now, to show you that you can make every card look a little bit different just by changing the orientation, the amount of embellishments, the kind of embellishments, the colors of your inks, here are several examples of the other cards I made. I did finish every single card so I'm feeling very accomplished this morning. I hope that you pick up an unfinished project and get it done!

















1 comment: